On August 13th Sweat With SUSK participants and the general canadian public are invited to
participate in a national Walk-a-thon!
The war in Ukraine has torn families apart, as the brave Ukrainian people sacrifice their lives to fight on the front lines to defend Ukraine. On August 13th, several SWS participants and supporters are Walking with Ukraine to raise funds for the heroic people of Ukraine.
All funds will be donated to Unite With Ukraine.
What is Unite With Ukraine?
It is crucial to support our defenders as much as possible, all of the proceeds from the Walk With Ukraine – Walk-a-thon will be donated to Unite with Ukraine, an organization which protects our Ukrainian defenders by providing them with fuel, medical equipment, night-vision goggles protective equipment like vests, and vital communication systems.
Check back on our social media on August 13th throughout the day see what our awesome participants are doing and how they #WalkWithUkraine !
Слава Україні, Героям слава!
How it Works
1. Pledge a certain amount for the distance walked on August 13th when sponsoring a walker! “I pledge $____ per 0.5km walked by ______.” The money will be paid to SUSK who will make a donate to Unite with Ukraine on my behalf.
2. Ensure that you (the walker and sponsor) are registered on the Strava app to track your distance. This is the only way SUSK is able to track the distance walked. The link to the group can be found in each registration package. If you are external from SWS, a link will be sent once you have registered as walker.
3. Wear blue and yellow to show your Ukrainian pride!
4. Send the Sponsor Form to friends and family who are supporting this initiative. CLICK HERE
5. Provide your supporters with your total distanced walked so that they can make a donation!
6. Begin counting down the days until August 13th! Share your progress photos using the hashtag #WalkWithUkraine and tagging SUSK on social media platforms!
Meet our Fundraisers / Walkers!
Meet our amazing fundraisers/walkers! #WalkWithUkraine means something different to each person, and we encourage each of you to read through what this walk-a-thon means to them, and how they are supporting Ukraine through this iniative.
Are you interested in becoming a fundraiser/walker? CLICK HERE to fill out the registration form. An email will be sent shortly after with any other details that have not been listed on the page.
Deadline to register: August 12th, 2022
I am a walker and a fundraiser because Ukrainians don’t walk away from a crisis, we run to it and solve it. Together we must walk together to do all we can to ensure Ukraine’s glory and sovereignty.
Walking to raise money for our brave defenders of Ukraine! We can all do things to help Ukraine and events like this are one of them!
I am looking forward to being a fundraiser for Ukraine through the Ukrainian World Congress’ campaign Unite with Ukraine. This is an excellent opportunity to get active, meet new friends, and fundraise for a very important cause.
I am fundraising for the Sweat With SUSK Walk-a-thon – “Walk With Ukraine” – to support the brave people fighting for Ukraine’s freedom, while getting active with the Ukrainian community and beyond! I am looking forward to showing my support and raising awareness through this initiative along with other SWS fundraisers, family and friends!
WHAT IS SWEAT WITH SUSK?
Sweat With SUSK is a fitness and fundraising challenge with the goal of encouraging students, friends, and families in the Canadian community to get active! Sign up to participate in fitness challenges, win prizes and share your progress with the SWS community, while ensuring the sustainability of our organization by fundraising for the SUSK Designated Endowment Fund. In light of the war in Ukraine, a portion of the proceeds will also be donated to Unite With Ukraine. The challenge will from July 18th – August 14th. The deadline to register is July 25th.
It is crucial to support our defenders as much as possible, so part of the proceeds from Sweat with SUSK 2022 will be donated to Unite with Ukraine, an organization which protects our Ukrainian defenders by providing them with fuel, medical equipment, night-vision goggles protective equipment like vests, and vital communication systems.
HOW TO DONATE?
- Click on the ‘Donate’ tab
- Make your donation through the ‘Canada’ option.
Inform SUSK on your donation amount through the anonymous form using the link below: